Source: What I Learnt Today – III
- the degree to which you want something is inversely proportional to your chances of wanting it once you have it.
- “true love is an ordeal. the lesser loves, a respite from it,” is the kind of romantic notion that feeds heartbreaks.
- true love is a sense of peace you can’t put your finger on, when you can’t say why you love somebody.
- growing up is realising and accepting that being self-published isn’t just okay, but sometimes necessary.
- return policies are sexy.
- if it makes you hate yourself, it’s probably not worth it.
- eye-contact is underrated.
- living somewhere with actual seasons makes you feel like you’re actually living.
- allowing yourself bad moods keeps you sane.
- seeing anything – love, life, work, art – to the end is its own reward.
1. some couples dye their hair the same colour.
2. some people still use their selfies as phone wallpaper.
3. there’s something sexy about asking someone to fix your collar.
4. to create is to be happy.
5. loyalty & fidelity can be two entirely different things.
6. genuineness only thrives in obscurity. like, celery.
7. cruelty is the cruelest when unintended.
8. getting what you want takes bravery most don’t possess.
9. travelling makes you homesick but also teaches you that there is no real home.
10. it’s okay to be yourself. it’s necessary to be unapologetic about it.
- your body is the most accurate measure of how you feel. listen to it.
- monogamy is a social construct.
- guilt is a strong aphrodisiac.
- people don’t care about each other as much as they care about airbrushed bodies of famous women.
- if you knew what you were doing with your life, you might be bored.
- hugs are sexy and terrifying at the same time.
- if you want to fall in love, try by starting with yourself.
- sadness can, and will follow you everywhere, like a dog you turned away returning with dead birds to leave at your doorstep.
- fuck belonging to rightist parties, yogic clubs, fuck karmic exchanges at the bank or belonging in the arms of your lover – start by belonging to your consciousness.
- spending time with yourself will exhaust you. do it anyway.